ST. GEORGE — The public is invited to attend a presentation by noted author and artist Teresa Jordan at Dixie State University’s second President’s Colleagues meeting of the 2014-15 academic year, Monday at noon in Room 156 of the DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center located on the Dixie Regional Medical Center’s River Road campus at 1526 Medical Center Drive in St. George.
Jordan’s presentation, “The Open Road, the Open Mind, and a Surprising Life of the Imagination,” will touch on the role of books, mentors and travel, which all helped widen her horizons from the one-room school she attended on a Wyoming ranch, to work that has taken her to five continents. Jordan will also weave stories from several of her books, including her most recent one due out in December, “The Year of Living Virtuously (Weekends Off),” which was inspired by Benjamin Franklin’s list of 13 virtues and the seven deadly sins.
About the President’s Colleagues
The President’s Colleagues of Dixie State University, established more than 20 years ago by former DSU President Dr. Douglas Alder, is a group of retired professors and other professionals who live mostly in the St. George and Washington County area. Dr. Alder, who also started an Honors Program at DSU, organized the Colleagues as a way to increase academic activities on campus.
The Colleagues meet together once a month during the academic year to hear presentations from each other or invited guests.
The December Colleagues meeting will be held Dec. 1 featuring a presentation by colleague Slava Lubomudron entitled “Russia, Ukraine, and the West: A New Cold War?”
- What: Teresa Jordan at the President’s Colleagues of DSU meeting
- When: Monday, Nov. 3 at noon
- Where: DSC Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center, Room 156, Dixie Regional Medical Center’s River Road campus, 1526 Medical Center Drive, St. George
- Cost: Free
- KCSG gives away $6,000 pool table to United Way Dixie Ball Drop prize winner
- Williams: We want this to be a university town; Dixie State inauguration ceremony
- Explore educational opportunities with Dixie State’s Institute for Continued Learning