SOUTHERN UTAH – It’s that time of the year again when ghouls and monsters take to the streets in search of delicious treats. Put the finishing touches on your costumes, Halloween weekend is finally upon us, and it’s time to hit the town. With Halloween just around the corner, we’ve compiled a list of citywide events and activities to have some spooky fun!
Friday, Oct. 31
- 3-6 p.m. | Findlay Automotive of Utah Trunk or Treat | Bring your kids for all kinds of fun, including: a photo booth, a live radio broadcast, Findlay HamStars, decorated trunks, and plenty of candy. Make sure to dress up, because Canyon Media will be giving $100 for the best costume | Location: Findlay Automotive of Utah | Telephone: 435-688-7272
- 3-6 p.m. | Halloween Spooktacular Carnival | Spook Alley may send chills up your spine. The Halloween Spooktacular Carnival at the Old Middle School will chill and thrill with games, food and music put on by the junior members of the Symphony of the Canyons | Location: The Old Middle School is across the street to the east of Kanab’s historic Parry Lodge Hotel
- 4-6 p.m. | Candy in the Corn | Arrive in your Halloween costume to Trick-or-Treat in the Corn Maze. Free “Came to See Wick’a Dee” bumper stickers, while supplies last | Admission: $8-$10 | Location: Staheli Family Farms | Telephone: 435-673-4096
- 4-7 p.m. | Annual Trick-or Treat | Red Cliffs Mall is hosting their annual Trick-or-Treating for kids throughout the center as well as free hotdogs and refreshments from radio station Mix 103.1, hosted by DJ’s Bryan & Cindy. Kids ages 2-12 are welcome and encouraged to wear costumes | Admission: Free | Location: Red Cliffs Mall
- 5 p.m. | Pumpkin Patch, Corn Maze, Farmland and Wick’a Dee Witch | Staheli Family Farm has been a prized part of the community for more than five decades. Providing sought after fall festivities throughout the month of October like their winding corn maze, colorful pumpkin patch, and their spooky Field of Screams – there is something to appeal to every member of the family | Admission: $7-$18 | Location: Staheli Family Farms | Telephone: 435-673-4096
- 5 p.m. | Enoch Halloween Carnival | Enjoy family pictures, dinner, face painting, carnival games and haunted house at the Enoch Halloween Carnival | Admission: $5 | Location: Enoch Elementary School
- 5:30 p.m. | A Sleepy Hollow Halloween | Admission: $5 | Location: Hurricane’s Western Legend Farm & Ranch
- 6:30-9 p.m. | South Mountain Community Church 4th Annual Fall Festival | Come dressed in your favorite costume for free games, activities and candy. Food vendors will have tasty treats for purchase | Location: South Mountain Community Church | Telephone: 435-669-5841
- 7-10 p.m. | Haunted House to benefit Dixie Care & Share and P.A.W.S. | Last year, the haunted house raised 1,347 pounds of food for Dixie Care and Share and $1,250 for P.A.W.S. Their goal is to double that amount this year with 100 percent of the proceeds going directly to the two charities | Suggested donation: $4 or four cans of food | Location: Historical home, located at 86 Diagonal St. in St. George | Telephone: 435-628-6100
- 7:30 p.m. | Thriller | If Odyssey Dance Theatre’s “Thriller” isn’t part of your yearly Halloween tradition, it should be. The spooky spectacular combines technical aspects of dance while paying homage to the stars of All Hallows’ Eve. Throughout the two-hour program, “Thriller” highlights all the heroes of the season, including Frankenstein’s monster and his bride, skeletons, mummies and werewolves. But among the ghouls, you’ll find other unlikely heroes of Halloween, such as Bubbles the Clown and the “Giggle Girl,” who sings and maniacally laughs her way through songs such as “I Saw Mommy Killing Santa Claus” | Admission: $18.50-$28.50 | Location: Tuacahn | Telephone: 435-652-8051
- 7:30-11 p.m. | Field of Screams | Staheli Family Farm presents the Field of Screams. Catch a hayride and travel to the scariest haunted attraction in southern Utah. Walk your way through the corn as all of your nightmares come true! Although we have no age limit, this haunted experience is recommended for ages 12 and up | Admission: $13-$35 | Location: Staheli Family Farms | Telephone: 435-673-4096
- 8-11 p.m. | Haunted Gym | Admission: Free | Location: Summit Athletic Club – River Road | Telephone: 435-628-5000
- 8:30-10 p.m. | Haunted Swamp | The Haunted Swamp is back, and all those daring to enter are warned to wear shoes they don’t mind having snatched by ghostly things – or at least don’t mind getting wet and dirty | Admission: $5 | Location: 296 West Kanab Creek, Kanab | Telephone: 435-616-5047
- 8:30-11:30 p.m. | Haunted Hollow Hills | Haunted Hollow Hills: Cedar City’s only haunted trail constructed of scary ghouls and nightmarish creations. Over an acre of scare. Come one, come all, if you dare! For every $5 received, $1 will be donated to a local charity | Admission: $3-$5 | Location: Cedar City Haunted Hollow Hills
- 9 p.m. | Mesozoic Concert | Kanab’s local full-tilt, guitar-heavy rock band Mesozoic will be playing at the Crescent Theater at 9 p.m. on Halloween Eve. Clad in black and costumed, they will rock to the howling tunes of classic scare songs. The best costume in the audience will receive a surprising prize | Admission: $5 | Location: Kanab Crescent Theater
NOTE: Changes in scheduled events may arise without notice to St. George News; links and contact information are provided for your convenience in confirming details.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.