ST. GEORGE — The Dixie State University Student Association will present “American Idol” winner Phillip Phillips in concert, Tuesday. The concert, in conjunction with Dixie State University’s Homecoming Week, will round out a week of activities in celebration of the inauguration of Dixie State’s 18th president, Dr. Richard “Biff” Williams.
Tickets may be purchased online or by telephone, 435-652-7800, or at DSU Cox Auditorium Ticket Office located at 350 South 700 East.
Phillips’ national tour will include stops in Dallas, Boston, Nashville, New Orleans, Washington D.C., Phoenix and Orlando.
The comprehensive tour comes after Phillips’ “Behind the Light” (19 Entertainment/Interscope) was released to critical acclaim. His new single, “Unpack Your Heart,” is the second track released from the album, following the hit song “Raging Fire”.
“Behind The Light” is the followup to Phillips’ hugely successful debut album, “The World from the Side of the Moon,” which spawned the single “Home” – one of the biggest tracks of 2012 with more than 5 million copies sold. “The World from the Side of the Moon” sold more than 1 million copies and debuted at No. 4 on the Billboard Top 200 Album chart and No. 1 on the Billboard Rock Album chart; successful tours both as a headliner and with Matchbox 20 and John Mayer followed. “The World from the Side of the Moon” also featured the platinum single “Gone, Gone, Gone.” Since winning Season 11 of “American Idol,” Phillips has sold more than 2 million albums and more than 9 million singles.
Event details and resources
- What: Phillip Phillips
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 28 at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Burns Arena, Dixie State University, 225 South 700 East, St. George, Utah
- Tickets are available: online | by telephone – 435-652-7800 | in person at the DSU Cox Auditorium Ticket Office located at 350 South 700 East
- Dixie State University crowns homecoming queen
- University’s presidential inauguration, a hallmark in Dixie State’s history; public event
- Senior Games celebration concert rocks Burns Arena with sounds of 70s