KANAB — Join the Bureau of Land Management-Utah Kanab Field Office and partners Saturday for their annual trick or treat event at the Moccasin Mountain Dinosaur Tracksite. Take family and friends on a Halloween adventure through one of the most diversified concentrations of prehistoric animal footprints in North America — right in Kanab’s backyard.
Come prepared for monster races, a spooky scavenger hunt, a costume contest and trick or treat fun. This event also offers interactive learning stations.
“Adding an element of play on public lands, coupled with some educational activities, builds youthful excitement for the sciences,” Lisa Church, BLM Wildlife Biologist, said. “The fall season is also a great time to experience the Moccasin Mountain Dinosaur Tracksite.”
To attend the event, meet at 9 a.m. at the Kanab Field Office, 669 S. Highway 89A in Kanab. Four-wheel drive vehicles are recommended to get to the tracksite.
For more information, contact Lisa Church at 435-644-1200 or email.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 25 | 9 a.m.
- Where: Meet at Kanab Field Office, 669 S. Highway 89A, Kanab
- Information: Contact Lisa Church: Telephone: 435-644-1200 | email
- New Moccasin Mountain interpretive signs point visitors to dinosaur tracks
- Dinos in Dixie: Jurassic Quest invades Dixie Center; STGnews Videocast
- Stevie Nicks picks shawl by Kanab designer for 1st place winner
- Registration now open for Kanab Writers Conference
Email: [email protected]