ST. GEORGE — Join the community for tasty barbecue and prize giveaway at noon Friday during the grand opening and ribbon cutting ceremony for SwitchPoint and Community Resource Center located at 948 N. 1300 West in St. George.
Local radio personalities from Cherry Creek Radio will be broadcasting live from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. adding to the community excitement.
The ribbon cutting will begin at noon and will be followed by a $10 per plate barbecue that will benefit SwitchPoint.
United Way Dixie will also be hosting a Ball Drop Prize Giveaway and will be awarding a car as the grand prize and a $1,000 cash prize for the runner-up, an event postponed at the Sept. 27 Live United Live Music Festival at the Town Square due to weather concerns.
People can register for the ball drop at United Way Dixie’s website. Depending on where a person’s numbered ball lands, they have a chance to win the grand prize of a new car, or subsequent prizes including $1,000. The balls cost $5 for one ball or $20 for five balls.
Read more about SwitchPoint here: For a better tomorrow; homeless shelter offers 21 services
- When: Friday, Oct. 24, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Where: SwitchPoint, 948 N. 1300 West, St. George
- Admission: Free | $10 per plate of barbecue
- City Council approves funding for new homeless shelter
- SwitchPoint reports early successes
- Annual Zombie Walk brings out shambling dead, food donations; STGnews Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.