HURRICANE – A green Kawasaki motorcycle and a blue Buick Electra collided in the turn-only center lane of State Street in Hurricane at about 5:18 p.m. Tuesday.
The rider of the Kawasaki and the driver of the Buick were each making left-hand turns into the center turn-lane from opposite sides of the street, Hurricane Police Sgt. Brandon Buell said. The rider of the Kawasaki was pulling out of 520 West onto State Street, and the driver of the blue Buick was pulling out of the Ace Hardware parking lot.
“So both making left turns from opposite sides of the street,” Buell said, “they both went into the center lane and collided.”
The motorcycle rider and the car driver were both men, and the car had a juvenile female passenger, Buell said. The motorcyclist suffered minor injuries, he said.
Nobody was transported by ambulance for medical treatment, Buell said, and no citations were issued.
- 3-vehicle collision shuts down part of State Street
- News Short: Two-car crash at Hurricane intersection
- Span of destruction left from Hurricane accident
- Update: One dies from 3-car accident on State Street
- 3 injured in State Street 3-vehicle collision
- Hurricane begins improvements, 600 North widening this fall
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.