ST. GEORGE – Healthy Dixie invites Southern Utahns to Walk Washington County on Saturday at 8 a.m. beginning at Tonaquint Park, 1851 S. Dixie Drive in St. George.
“Walk Washington County is a great way for you to get your exercise, enjoy beautiful Southern Utah, meet local mayors and learn area history,” Heidi Lemke, a Healthy Dixie representative coordinating this year’s walks, said. “We are excited to hear Mayor Jon Pike share interesting information about our city’s history while he leads the walk.”
Attendees should dress for walking and bring any gear needed as well as water.
“There is no charge to join in the fun,” Lemke said, “and we encourage everyone to bring their friends and neighbors and come out for a great time.”
The final walk of 2014 will be held at the LaVerkin Winterfest on Dec. 6 at 1 p.m. Mayor Kerry Gubler will lead the walk, which will begin at the LaVerkin Elementary School, 51 W. Center St.
Walk Washington County began in 2013 as part of Dixie Regional Medical Center’s 100th anniversary. For additional information, call 435-703-4746.
- When: Saturday, Oct. 25 | 8 a.m.
- Where: Tonaquint Park, 1851 S. Dixie Drive, St. George
- Admission: Free
- Details: 435-703-4746
- Senior Games celebration concert rocks Burns Arena with sounds of 70s
- Grande Masquerade Ball, a gala affair for Habitat for Humanity
- BLM hosts open house for improvements at Parowan Gap
- New Harmony Apple Festival sees more apples, more vendors, strong turnout; STGnews Photo Gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.