ST. GEORGE- The Dixie State University Jazz Ensemble opens their season of performances with a concert on Tuesday, Oct. 21 at 7:30 pm in the Mainstage Theater of the Eccles Fine Arts Center.
The group, lead by Music Department Chair Glenn Webb, will perform music from the libraries of Count Basie, Ray Charles, and Henry Mancini. Also on the program are exciting arrangements that break from the traditional big band sound and feature student soloists in contemporary settings.
The performance will also include the Snow Canyon High School Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Mr. Terry Moore.
Tickets are available at the door or through the DSU Ticket Office. Tickets are $5 per person, $1 for DSC students and faculty and staff. High school musicians may receive complimentary tickets by contacting the Dixie State University Music Department at 652-7790.
- When: Tuesday, Oct 21, | 7:30 pm
- Where: Eccles Mainstage Theater
- Details: Dixie State Box Office (435)652.7800
- DSU invites entries for Homecoming Parade
- Dixie State University hosts lecture on Gandhi
- Celebrity Concert Series welcomes internationally acclaimed Dallas Brass
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.