ST. GEORGE — The public is encouraged to propose projects designed to improve Dixie National Forest lands and the rural economies of local counties. Project funding is being made available through Title II funds under the one-year reauthorization of the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self-Determination Act found under Public Law 112-141.
Project applications should be submitted electronically by 5 p.m. on Nov. 21. Projects considered by the rechartered Dixie National Forest Resource Advisory Committee will need to be received by that date and should have environmental clearance documentation completed.
Project application forms are available at the Dixie National Forest website or from Dixie National Forest Headquarters, 1789 North Wedgewood Lane, Cedar City, Utah.
Title II projects fund work such as: restoring watersheds, removing noxious and invasive weeds, conservation education, thinning trees, enhancing recreation sites and repairing and maintaining infrastructure. The funds are made available by Garfield, Iron, Kane and Washington counties which receive federal funds based on the percentage of land in federal ownership, timber receipt payments, and per capita income. The Dixie National Forest RAC will have approximately $250,000 for projects.
Individuals, nonprofit organizations, and local governments can submit Title II project applications. The funds for approved projects will be available for 2015 implementation.
Applicants for Title II funds are encouraged to submit their forms electronically. Those who choose to mail their applications are asked to allow for mail delivery time. All submissions must be received in the office by Nov. 21.
Additional information concerning Title II projects is available at the National Forest Service website. Applicants may also contact Janice Minarik for more information about the Resource Advisory Committee and projects at telephone 435-865-3700.
- Dixie National Forest website
- National Forest Service website
- Title II applications can be emailed to Janice Minarik at [email protected]
- Proposals may be mailed to Forest Headquarters, c/o Janice Minarik, Dixie National Forest, 1789 North Wedgewood Lane, Cedar City
- Deadline: Applications must be received by Nov. 21
- Dixie National Forest schedules cleanup of marijuana grow site
- Deck sales by competitive bidding, Dixie National Forest
- Dixie National Forest seeks application for Resource Advisory Committee
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.