ST. GEORGE—Since 1958, the Celebrity Concert Series has offered premiere performance arts to St. George and surrounding communities and will kick off its 2014-2015 season on Thursday with the Utah Symphony Orchestra at the Cox Center for the Performing Arts on the Dixie State University campus in St. George.
With a mission to present programming that can normally be found only in larger metropolitan areas, the Celebrity Concert Series offers classical concert experiences from ballet to chamber ensembles and beyond. The Celebrity Concert Series strives to foster a love for performance arts of all types in all ages. Many visiting artists participate in outreach programs within local schools and throughout the community.
The 2014-2015 season is sure to be one of the best seasons ever with a variety of performances to please every taste, starting off with the Utah Symphony Orchestra. Based in Salt Lake City, the Utah Symphony is world-renowned and has become a vital presence in the realm of classical music.
Thierry Fischer recently renewed his contract as music director of the Utah Symphony Orchestra, where he has revitalized the music-making, enthralling players and audiences through his vibrancy, commitment and energy. Fischer has attracted leading young musicians to join the orchestra and top soloists to come to Utah, has refreshed the programming, drawn consistently full houses, and galvanized community support.
The October concert will feature Associate Conductor Vladimir Kulenovic. Upon graduation from the Juilliard School in conducting studies, Kulenovic was named associate conductor of Utah Symphony, principal conductor of the Kyoto International Music Festival in Japan and resident conductor of the Belgrade Philharmonic Orchestra in Serbia.
The Utah Symphony will perform Mozart, Schumann and Dvorak in a concert not to be missed. The concert is made possible through a generous sponsorship by HintonBurdick CPAs & Advisors. Best dress is suggested for this concert.
Event details and resources
- What: Utah Symphony Orchestra
- When: Thursday, Oct. 2, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Cox Center for the Performing Arts, 385 South 700 East, St. George
- Celebrity Concert Series Tickets can be purchased online, in person at the Dixie State University ticket office, or by telephone, 435-652-7800.
- Single concert tickets can be purchased for $20, or season tickets for $160
- For more information and to view the entire season schedule please visit the Celebrity Concert Series website
- Vivace, a ‘popera’ performing group, comes to Celebrity Concert Series, Dixie State
- China’s Golden Dragon Acrobats ignite Cox stage; DSU Celebrity Concert Series
- Celebrity Concert Series presents Fry Street Quartet