KANAB — More than 100 ropers will compete for $5,500 in prize money Friday and Saturday at the Kane Plex Arena in Kanab during the annual team-roping competition hosted by DT Cattle LLC.
Competitors, ranging in skill level from amateur to professional, will be traveling from throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada to compete for the cash as well as two saddles and eight belt buckles to be given away to winners.
Anyone may enter the competition. There is a rating system for combined skill level of teams, and participants will compete in different categories based on skill level.
There will be three competition roping events each day of the event. The teams winning a check on Friday will get one free entry on Saturday with winning partner. Entry fees for teams range from $30-$100 depending on the category.
Signups for Friday will begin the day-of at 5:30 p.m. at Kane Plex, and the roping will start at 6 p.m. On Saturday, signups will begin at 9:30 a.m., and roping will begin at 10 a.m. Spectator admission is free, so all are welcome to come and enjoy this Western-lifestyle event.
- When: Friday, Oct. 3 and Saturday, Oct. 4 | Friday signups 5:30 p.m., roping begins 6 p.m.; Saturday signups 9:30 a.m., roping begins 10 a.m.
- Where: Kane Plex Arena in Kanab | Directions: Head south on Highway 89A, turn left (east) just across from the airport turnoff, head 1 mile east on that road
- Admission: Free for spectators | Participant entry fees $30-$100
- Details: DT Cattle | Doug Tebbs Telephone: 435-773-5774
- Dixie Roundup celebrates America with parade, rodeo finale; STGnews videocast
- Sunbowl, Roundup go pink; 80th annual rodeo; STGnews Photo Gallery
- On the EDge: Save the Sunbowl
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.