CEDAR CITY — The Orchestra of Southern Utah is hosting their final recital of the fall season Tuesday. The recital, titled “Performer Favorites,” is scheduled to be held at 7:30 p.m. at the Heritage Center Theater in Cedar City.
The recital will feature multiple musical acts ranging from folk to classical outfits. Color County Winds, a Cedar City community band, will perform three musical acts taken from movies, including “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” in tribute to the 75th anniversary of the “The Wizard of Oz.”
New Harmony resident JV Berk will also be performing a new song he wrote titled “Angie’s Blues” and will be accompanied for other songs by violinist Jane Andersen.
“The 18th annual recital series has been a new adventure at the Heritage Center and we appreciate all of the performers who have participated,” Emily Hepworth, OSU Manager and recital director, said. “We have also enjoyed all of the technical support from the Heritage Center staff plus the recording team of Steven Swift and Larry Life.”
Other musical acts to be featured at the recital include Dennis Loeffel, Liahona Hepworth, Debra Vradenburg, Nina Hansen, Fang Shen and Miss SUU 2013 Lindsey Lopez.
Following the recital, the public is also encouraged to attend a “cookie social,” with piano music performed by Sarah and David Sun.
A $5 donation for adults and $3 donation for students is appreciated. Children over the age of six are welcome at all Orchestra events with adult supervision. No babies, as the recitals are recorded. CDs and DVDs of the recitals are available as well.
Event Details and Resources
- What: Orchestra of Southern Utah’s 18th annual fall recital series
- When: Tuesday, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Heritage Center Theater, 105 N. 100 E., Cedar City
- Website: Orchestra of Southern Utah
- Contact: Email: email@example.com
- Music festival rocks St. George; ball drop postponed
- Five Upcoming Musicians Perform with the Orchestra of Southern Utah
- Treasures of Utah Symphony resound from Bryce Canyon Rim; STGnews Photo Gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.