SOUTHERN UTAH – The National Weather Service has issued a “Flash Flood Warning” for portions of Southern Utah including St. George, Cedar City, Kanab, Fillmore, Beaver, Milford, Panguitch and Escalante. The warning is effective from 6 p.m. Friday through late Saturday night.
At 4:25 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated heavy rainfall, with 1-2 inches and greater amounts possible Friday through Saturday night.
At 4:35 p.m. Friday, Rocky Mountain Power confirmed that 375 customers lost power at approximately 3:48 p.m. Friday afternoon. The affected areas at the time of this publication are LaVerkin and Apple Valley. According to information from Rocky Mountain Power, crews are currently in the field patrolling the lines to locate the source of the problem. Estimated time of repair will depend on the cause of the problem, once crews have located it.
Reports are coming in that heavy rainfall in LaVerkin has created standing water in various areas throughout the town.
Move to higher ground immediately. Act quickly to protect your life.
St. George News Reporter T.S. Romney contributed to this report.
- UPDATE: Washington City flooding; city responds, takes action
- Washington City flooding; resident asks who’s going to fix the city’s mess?
- Southern Utah flooding; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Flooding in Santa Clara, Ivins, retaining dike overflow tested; STGnews Photo Gallery & Videocast
- St. George Library floods for 3rd time after heavy rains
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.