MOAB—Public comment is requested regarding on an environmental assessment analyzing the Bureau of Land Management’s proposal to offer 58 parcels covering 61,977 acres in the Moab and Monticello Field Offices at the February 2015 oil and gas lease sale. The EA analyzed 76 parcels covering 80,515 acres.
Additional information about the proposed parcels is included in the EA, which is now available for public review and comment. An electronic copy of the EA can be found online.
Hard copies of the EA can be obtained in person at the BLM-Utah State Office in Salt Lake City, the Moab field office or the Monticello field office.
The public review and comment period closes on Oct. 20 at 4:30 p.m. The most useful comments are those that identify issues relevant to the proposed action or contain new technical or scientific information. Comments that contain only opinions or preferences will not receive a formal response, but may be considered in the BLM decision-making process. Reference the “February 2015 Oil and Gas Lease Sale” when submitting comments.
Written comments should be mailed or emailed to:
Before including an address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in any comments, be aware that the entire comment — including personal identifying information — may be made publicly available at any time. Requests to withhold personal identifying information from public review can be submitted, but the BLM cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so.
- For additional information, contact Justin Abernathy at 801-539-4067
- Persons who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) may call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS) at 1-800-877-8339 to leave a message or question with the above individual
- To learn more about BLM-Utah oil and gas lease sales visit the BLM website
- BLM Monticello website
- BLM Twitter @BLMUtah
Submitted by the BLM-Utah
- BLM quarterly oil and gas lease sale results
- BLM proposed parcel list, oil-gas lease sales
- BLM seeks comments on gas gathering pipeline, Moab area
- BLM seeks comment on environmental assessments for oil, gas lease sale
- BLM quarterly oil, gas lease sale results
- BLM Oil, Gas Lease sales for August; public comment invited on environmental assessments
- BLM releases final report on national monument oil spill
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.