KANAB, UTAH—The Bureau of Land Management Kanab Field Office and Kane County officials will host a National Public Lands Day trail hike/ run event on Saturday, Sept. 27. Participants can register to hike or run a 5k or 10k course on public trails near Kanab. Kanab Field Office Manager Harry Barber said:
Encouraging local youth to get out on public lands and discover our amazing trail system this National Public Lands Day is my goal.
Kanab is becoming a premier trail-running destination, attracting events like the Grand to Grand Ultra Marathon.
Registration will take place at Jacob Hamblin Park at 7:30 a.m. the day of the event. Following the race, participants will be treated to a luncheon provided by a partnership with the local BLM office, Kane County, and Grand to Grand officials. Grand to Grand competitors will join National Public Lands Day participants and community members at the luncheon, offering an opportunity to mingle with high-endurance athletes.
Event details and resources
- What: National Public Lands Day trail hike/run 5K and 10K
- When: Saturday, Sept. 27, registration at 7:30 a.m.
- Where: Jacob Hamblin Park, 531 North 100 East, Kanab
- Information contact: BLM recreation planner Clay Stewart| Telephone 435-644-1280
- Persons who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) may call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS) at 1-800-877-8339 to leave a message or question with the above individual
- BLM Kanab website
- BLM Twitter @BLMUtah
Submitted by the BLM-Utah
- Worst drought since 1989, Virgin River all-time low
- Free water checks for customizing irrigation
- St. George implements drought management water restrictions
- BLM seeks comment for on environmental assessment for oil, gas lease sale
Copyright St. George News, StGeorgeUtah.com Inc., 2014, all rights reserved.