STGNews gamenight quickblast: Pine View 42, Dixie 36

Pine View at Dixie, St. George, Utah, Sept. 19, 2014 | Photo by Dave Amodt, St. George News

Pine View 42, Dixie 36

ST. GEORGE — Pine View quarterback Kody Wilstead threw for 501 yards and five touchdowns to power the Panthers over the Dixie Flyers in an offensive shootout 42-36.

While Dixie had a more balanced attack, the Flyers were not able to ever pull even in the second half as the Panthers would keep extending the lead to answer Dixie’s touchdowns.  Ammon Takau threw for 250 yards before suffering an injury late in the fourth quarter. Tre Miller rushed for 143 yards on only 13 carries.

“With Dixie it seems that it always comes down to who has the ball last,” said Panther head coach Ray Hosner. “Fortunately tonight we were able to get the ball and run out the clock on that last drive.”

Pine View’s Blake Ence started for the injured Colton Miller at wide receiver. He pulled in 11 receptions for 201 yards and three touchdowns. Bladen Hosner had 177 yards on four receptions, half of those going for touchdowns.

Pine View, 4-1 overall and 2-0 in region play, visits Desert Hills next Friday. Dixie, 2-3 and 0-1, is at Hurricane next Friday.

Stats: PV 42, Dixie 36

Be sure to check out STGNews Sports Saturday morning for more in-depth analysis, photo galleries, highlights and more.

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @oldschoolag

Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.

• Ugh September 21, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Change a few things and this could have been a very different game! Dixie’s DB’s and Safefty’s are terrible. I can’t beleive Dixie put in the tiny freshman to punt and kick return. He cost them the game. Hopefully the coach will think twice before he’s puts his son in again. Dixie’s linebackers looked a lot better though. They showed a lot more heart than they ever have.

• VAASA September 21, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Coach doesn’t have a son in HS or College still. He plays the best players he thinks that will make the plays for his team to win. Sounds like to me PV should have blown them out if they were so bad?!

• Ugh September 22, 2014 at 11:33 am

Brent Nyberg, has a son Hobbs, a freshman who was punt and kick returning. He doens’t have his best players out there, his best players are playing both ways so he has to go to the next level of players.

• Koolaid September 22, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Only those with the right last name, the worthy and ward recommends get to play? Is that what you are implying?

• Vaasa September 22, 2014 at 1:14 pm

Gotcha!

• Ansel C September 22, 2014 at 1:55 pm

It is sad to see disparaging comments about high school players. Questioning coaching play calls or strategies are okay but questioning players’ abilities and specifically calling them out by name is not. These players are still kids, not adults.

• Ugh September 22, 2014 at 3:02 pm

No, I’m saying the c

• Ugh September 22, 2014 at 3:03 pm

No, I’m simply stating that the coaches made a dumb mistake. Ok so we have the kids names on here to praise them but we can’t say if they fumbled the ball? Ya, that’s realistic….

• frank September 23, 2014 at 6:39 am

Why don’t you volunteer your time ugh and coach then? You sound like a typical butt hurt parent who thinks their son is the next Walter and should have more playing time. You say it is okay to criticize the coaches? They make like 10 cents an hour. Hardly enough to justify your childish rants.

• Ugh September 23, 2014 at 11:24 am

I don’t have any kids on the team so nice try. I am more than okay to say that the coach made a bonehead move. If they wan’t to critique me in my job, bring it on! 10 cents an hour…thats about how much your comments are worth

• frank September 23, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Where do you work then?

• Ugh September 24, 2014 at 8:41 am

Your moms house. Monday-Friday 9:00-5:00, Saturday by appointment only. Courtesy knock before entering please.

• Football September 25, 2014 at 11:30 am

Bring the football team with ya. She’ll be happy to see them

• frank September 24, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Lol you are all talk boy. Don’t pretend to step up then go to a mom joke. Pathetic. Where do you work? You said we could discuss your job and now you are scared.

• Ugh September 25, 2014 at 9:16 am

“If they wan’t to critique me in my job, bring it on! ” They, being coaches. Unless you are a coach, I didn’t say I would discuss my job with you. But really, its at your moms….

• Frank September 25, 2014 at 11:18 am

Put where you work on here so the coaches can go visit. I bet the Dixie coaches would enjoy critiquing you at your job. FYI….mom jokes really show your lack of intelligence. Try to find something clever with your small mind to share next time.

• Ugh September 25, 2014 at 11:47 am

Good one. I’m sure the coaches are super engaged in all of our comments. They wouldn’t know the first thing about my job. I coached from little league to high school to Junior college, so I think I kind of have a right to state my thoughts. From the looks of things you’re probably the guy who is sitting here trolling all day in your parents basement while you play call of duty. Your comments show that the only thing you know about football is what you learned from Madden. I will voice my opinion how and when I want. Welcome to America. If you don’t like it, leave. No one is making you read my comments or respond to them.