SOUTHERN UTAH – The National Weather Service has issued a “Flash Flood Warning” for southeastern Washington County and west central Kane County, effective until 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
At 2:13 p.m., Doppler Radar indicated a thunderstorm is producing heavy rain over the southern part of Zion National Park. Narrow slot canyons throughout the southern half of the park will experience flooding from these thunderstorms.
Some locations that will experience flooding include Zion National Park, Virgin, Springdale and Rockville.
Move to higher ground immediately. Act quickly to protect your life.
- UPDATE: Washington City flooding; city responds, takes action
- Washington City flooding; resident asks who’s going to fix the city’s mess?
- Southern Utah flooding; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Flooding in Santa Clara, Ivins, retaining dike overflow tested; STGnews Photo Gallery & Videocast
- St. George Library floods for 3rd time after heavy rains
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.