BRIANHEAD — Brian Head Resort is putting a twist on the traditional Oktoberfest this year by presenting the first annual R’Oktoberfest Saturday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. at the Giant Steps Lodge.
R’Oktoberfest will feature three bands: Chad Jensen Buck, Safety Orange and Juniper City. Authentic German food will be served all day and four Utah breweries will bring dozens of their finest beers including German brews. Drawings will be held every hour for prizes, including a season pass for the 2014-2015 season.
“We are excited to present our first annual R’Oktoberfest. It is a great reason to come up to Brian Head for the weekend, enjoy good music, German food, and take in the fall colors,” said the resort’s Marketing Director Krista Wiekamp.
For family fun, R’Oktoberfest will include a classic car show, inflatable toys, Alpenhorns, vendors and more. Lodging deals are available for R’Oktoberfest weekend.
“It is our hope that people will make a tradition of the event,” Wiekamp said, “and join us for years to come as the event grows.”
Event details and resources
- When: Saturday, Sept. 20, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Where: Giant Steps Lodge, 329 S. Highway 143, Brian Head
- Admission: $10 | Free for children 12 and younger
- Admission includes: Commemorative mug and a drink ticket. T
- Car show: Register to participate in the car show, and find more information at Brian Head’s website.
- Contact: Telephone 866-930-1010
- Website: Brian Head
About Brian Head Resort
Established in 1964, Brian Head Resort offers guests access to 650 acres of lift-served trails with an average snowfall of nearly 400 inches of light Utah powder. Brian Head Resort is located approximately three hours from Las Vegas, Nev. and four hours from Salt Lake City, Utah. The 1,320 feet of lift-served vertical is accessible by eight chair lifts. The area features a high speed lift, ski and snowboard school, terrain parks and tubing.
Submitted by Brian Head Resort
- Children’s Justice Center brings ‘Dancing with your …
- New Moccasin Mountain interpretive signs point visitors to dinosaur …
- Sunbowl, Roundup go pink; 80th annual rodeo; STGnews Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.