ST. GEORGE — Friday, the Southern Utah Pacific Islander Coalition, in association with DocUtah, presents “Unified in Language” at Dixie State University.
The event will begin at 6 p.m. with a fundraiser luau, taking place outdoors in the breezeway beneath the old Graf Fine Arts Center mural on the DSU campus. Tickets for the luau are $20 per person and can be purchased here or by calling 435-319-0003. Luau ticket sales end Thursday evening. All proceeds from the luau will go toward scholarships for Pacific Islander students attending DSU.
Following the luau, a screening of the documentary film “Road to the Globe” will take place at 7:30 p.m. in the Eccles Fine Arts Center Mainstage Theater at DSU. An official DocUtah selection, the film follows a group of Maori actors as they prepare to perform a te reo adaptation of William Shakespeare’s “Troilus and Cressida” at London’s legendary Globe Theatre. A trailer for the film can be viewed here.
In addition to the film screening, entertainment will be provided by the Southern Utah Pacific Islander Coalition.
For additional information about this and other DocUtah events, visit the DocUtah website.
- “Road to the Globe” film screening
- Friday, Sept. 5 | 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie State University Eccles Fine Arts Center, Mainstage Theater
- Information: DocUtah website
- DSU professor plays key role in breakthrough skin infection research
- DOCUTAH presentation kicks off Dixie Forum series
- Where stars, fans meet: Western Legends Roundup continues in Kanab; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Film treasures abound in Utah’s ‘Little Hollywood’
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.