KANE COUNTY – Two people were killed in a head-on collision Saturday on state Route 89, mile marker 8, near Big Water in Kane County.
The collision occurred at approximately 12:55 p.m., when an Acura and a Honda Civic were traveling on SR-89 in opposite directions, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. The Acura was travelling northbound when it drifted into the southbound lanes for an unknown reason and hit the Honda Civic head-on.
The driver of the Acura, 53-year-old Jay Russell of Page, Arizona, was not wearing a seatbelt and died from his injuries.
The driver of the Civic, 78-year-old Richard Nutt of Douglas, Georgia, was wearing a seatbelt but also died from his injuries.
The two drivers were the only ones in the vehicles.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by UHP and may not contain the full scope of findings.
- Summer driving season off to deadly start; UHP offers driving tips to arrive alive
- One man dead, one in surgery after motorcycle trio collision
- Man killed in motorcycle-RV head-on crash
- Motorcycle collides with truck on LaVerkin twist; 2 transported by Mercy Air
- 2 hospitalized after motorcycle, car collision
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.