CEDAR CITY — This weekend brings the 13th annual Great American Stampede Rodeo to Cedar City, at once one of the city’s most popular festivals as it celebrates Utah’s Western Heritage and at the same time the first rodeo in 2014 for the Rocky Mountain Region in the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association.
The Cedar City Lions Club and Southern Utah University will team up to put on the two-night event in the Iron Rangers Arena at Cross Hollows Event Center, 11 N. Cross Hollows Drive.
Rodeo teams expected to compete come from Utah State University, Weber State University, Snow College, Dixie State University, Utah Valley University, Idaho State University, Mesa State University, Colorado Northwest Community College and College of Southern Idaho, SUU Rodeo coach Shane Flanigan said in a press release.
“We expect to see some great young talent at this rodeo,” Flanigan said. “These athletes are really dedicated to their sport and are determined to do their schools proud.”
The Stampede Rodeo schedule includes bull riding, bronc riding, barrel racing, calf roping, and more, starting at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
The Cowgirl Stampede Drill Team and a specialty act by Tommie Turvie will perform and the Great American Stampede Rodeo Royalty will reign over the rodeo.
Tickets are available in advance at Cedar City’s Intermountian Farmers Association store, Cedar City’s Cal Ranch Store, Jolley’s Ranchwear or at the at the gate Rodeo nights.
- When: Sept. 5-6 at 7 p.m.
- Where: Iron Rangers Arena, Cross Hollows Event Center, 11 N. Cross Hollows Road, Cedar City
- Tickets: Adults $10; Children 12 and under $6; Family passes for up to 6 people $30
- St. George man goes to Dixie Roundup, enters then wins Chrysler Ram Rodeo Giveaway
- Cedar City PRCA Rodeo action continues
- Cowboy up; DSU freshman competes in College National Finals Rodeo
- Final day: 69th Annual Gunlock Rodeo
- Family event, treasured traditions at Enterprise Rodeo; STGnews Videocast
- How to get involved in this year’s Dixie Roundup Rodeo
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.