FREDONIA, Arizona — North Zone fire managers are making preparations to begin pile burning on the North Kaibab Ranger District, depending on weather and fuel moisture levels in the upcoming weeks. The goal of the pile burning is to remove fuels within the forest in order to lessen the potential intensity of a wildfire.
Specifically, fire crews plan to burn 325 acres near the intersection of Forest Service Road 271 and FSR 206B, which is located near Stina Point. Crews also plan to treat 98 acres near the intersection FSR 22 and FSR 422D, which is located in the general vicinity of the Dry Park Lookout Tower.
All prescribed burning on the Kaibab National Forest is subject to approval by the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality and appropriate weather conditions.
- For information on the smoke management and to view prescribed burns authorized for any given day, click here.
- For information regarding the North Kaibab Ranger District pile burns, Dave Robinson 928-643-8138.
- Prescribed burn scheduled for Buckskin Mountain
- Prescribed burns in Dixie National Forest
- Garfield County fire torches 200 acres
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.