ST. GEORGE – A 35-year-old man was arrested on multiple sex offense charges allegedly committed Monday morning in St. George after which he fled the scene and sought to evade police officers.
Washington County Attorney Brock Belnap has filed charges on behalf of the state of Utah against Nicholaus Michael Nester, of St. George, which include four first-degree felonies for aggravated sexual assault, rape, and sodomy; one third-degree felony for unlawful use of a finance card; and one class A misdemeanor for failing to stop at the command of an officer.
Particulars of the incident are reserved out of privacy considerations for the alleged victim.
This is not Nester’s first run-in with the law. According to court documents, he has been arrested for theft, multiple drug and assault offenses, aggravated kidnapping, and robbery in Utah.
In August 2007 Nester was arrested and charged with first-degree felony rape, first-degree felony forcible sodomy, and a class B misdemeanor for simple assault. On Oct. 11, 2007, the rape and sodomy charges were dismissed by Judge G. Rand Beacham of the 5th District Court and Nester was only found guilty of simple assault.
Nester was booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility on Monday. His bail is set at $81,950.
Nester is scheduled to make his first court appearance Tuesday.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- Grandparent alert leads to arrest of 22-year-old for sex with a minor
- Cedar City man charged for rape of mentally disabled woman
- LaVerkin man arrested for rape
- Plea agreement reached in false rape charge case
- Hearing, resolution in false rape report case postponed
- Detective testifies woman made up rape to conceal affair, case proceeds to trial
- St. George woman arrested for false rape report, fraud
- Rape reported on St. George bike path
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.