ST. GEORGE — Movies for the whole community continue in August and in some cases September throughout Southern Utah cities, giving people of all ages a fun, and free, evening out to fellowship, picnic, lounge on blankets and lawn chairs, and take in some big screen entertainment.
Movies begin at 9 p.m. at the Hurricane Community Center, 63 S. 100 West.
- Aug. 9 – “October Sky”
- Aug. 16 – “We are Marshall”
Movies begin around 8:30 p.m. as it gets dark at the Ivins City Park baseball field, behind City Hall.
- Aug. 8 – “The Nut Job”
- Aug. 15 – “Despicable Me 2”
- Aug. 22 – “Brave”
- Aug. 29 – “Frozen”
Sponsored by Southern Utah Veterans Home / Avalon Health Care
Movies begin at 8:45 p.m. in the park at 1400 Canyon View Drive.
- Aug. 8 – That Thing You Do!
- Aug. 15 – The Emperor’s New Groove
- Aug. 22 – Despicable Me
- Aug. 29 – Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
Sponsored by realtors Mike Wiest and Phil Sargent, owners of Jubilee Realty.
City of St. George
Movies begin at dusk for the city’s Sunset on the Square, 50 S. Main St. with special theme night activities starting around 6 p.m., prior to the movie.
- Aug. 8 – “Ghostbusters”
- Aug. 22 – “The Blind Side”
Movies begin at dusk in Veterans Park, 75 E. Telegraph St.
- Sept. 5 – “The Lego Movie”
- County derby drivers vie for $30,000 in prize winnings
- Making your baby a winner at Washington County Fair
- Washington County Fair Fairadise 2014 brings the beach party to Southern Utah
- Summertime in Town Square; Frozen videocast
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.