SPRINGDALE — Lace up your boots and prepare to tear up the dance floor at the OC Tanner Amphitheater Saturday at 7:30 p.m. as the Randy Anderson Band performs their popular, energetic and swinging show. There will be dancing in the pit, good food and music all evening. Summer concerts don’t get any better, the nights cool off and the scenery can’t be beat.
It is said that one of the best ways to forget about your troubles is to let go and line dance – expressly to music by Randy. The band plays and sings country-western with an easy swing and an irresistible toe-tappin’ rhythm. Fans are invited to dance the night away or just sit back and relish in the music. Humor is always a part of the evening so come prepared to have a great time under the stars.
According to Randy, “it started with the Kentucky Fried Chicken,” when he entered the KFC Songwriting Contest with his original “I’ve Got a Thing for You.” He took runner up out of over 40,000 songs submitted by professional and amateur songwriters.
Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, The Randy Anderson Band has worked in almost every hotel and casino in town, including Caesars Palace, Excalibur, Frontier, Aladdin, Gold Coast, Sam’s Town, Arizona Charlie’s and many others. Randy has also worked with, or opened shows for: Kevin Sharp, Reba McEntire, Restless Heart, Waylon Jennings, Hal Ketcham, Ty Herndon, Michelle Wright, The Bellamy Brothers, LeRoy Parnell, Lari White, Boots Randolph, Booker T. Washington, The Sweethearts of the Rodeo, T. Graham Brown, Conway Twitty, Williams and Ree, and Moe Bandy.
In addition to their touring schedule, Randy’s band has performed for many worthwhile charities such as: St. Jude’s, Make a Wish Foundation, Jerry Lewis’s Muscular Dystrophy Telethon and Reach Out.
Millions of people have seen Randy on television. He has performed several times on cable channels such as TNN and CMT.
Randy Anderson’s videos and recordings have been played all over the world, many of them receiving national industry accolades.
- OC Tanner Amphitheater | 350 West Lion Boulevard, Springdale
- Concert begins at 7:30 p.m. | Gates open one hour prior to concert
- Concessions will be available at amphitheater | No outside food or drinks allowed
- Parking is limited | Free tram service provided
- Pillows, blankets and umbrellas encouraged
Advance tickets are available online, by calling 435-652-7800 or in person at the Dixie State University Ticket Office, 350 South 700 East, St. George. Ticket office hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Tickets also available at the door, cash only.
Upcoming Concert Schedule
- Saturday, August 16 – Utah Symphony Orchestra – SOLD OUT –
- Saturday, August 23 – Brodie Perry – Broadway under the stars
- Saturday, August 30 – Classic Country Band
- Reel’ fun in the park: Summertime movies countywide
- Paiutes seek 174-acre transfer into federal trust; Springdale still not convinced
- Regents name new president for Dixie State University