ST. GEORGE —The Zion Canyon Arts and Humanities Council, or Z-Arts and the Canyon Community Center invite submissions for the annual Juried Art Show from artists who have “flow,” the theme of this year’s exhibition – that mental state when someone is completely absorbed in their task at hand.
Joining the ranks as a juried artist is a coveted position, and with jurors such as Cedar City regional landscape painter J. Brad Holt and jewelry artist Deb Worrell, the 2014 Annual Juried Show shouldn’t be missed. Z-Arts and the Canyon Community Center invite artists of all types to submit their work to the Canyon Community Center at 126 Lion Boulevard in Springdale on Aug. 25-26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Please include the attached application with your submissions.
“In essence, flow is characterized by complete absorption in what one does,” said local artist and Z-Arts Visual Arts Chair Carol Bold. “We are using (the term flow) to encompass what it means to an artist when they are truly in the zone. When everything is working for them, when the process of art making just flows. But at the same time, we’d also like the title Flow open to each individual artist, and their own interpretation as well.”
Each artist is to interpret the term flow themselves, Bold said, and find how it inspires them and their work in all areas whether it be mental, physical, or even metaphysical. All interpretations will be welcomed with enthusiasm
Local and regional artists, from all stages in their careers, whether they are starting out as an artist or are a professional already, are welcome to join in the exhibition.
“This show is about the pure creative spirit, and we welcome a variety of artists, mediums and experimentation,” Bold said. “This show is about showcasing what artists truly love to create, when they are truly in tune with their process. We want to see the artwork that inspires them to keep going, not just what sells, but what drives the creative juices.”
- Jurors: J. Brad Holt – regional landscape painter from Cedar City; Deb Worrell – jewelry artist and manager of the Juniper Sky Fine Art Galley in Kayenta
- Gallery show dates: Aug. 26-Oct. 6
- Artwork due: Monday and Tuesday, August 25- 26 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.– all mediums accepted.
- Limit: Two pieces of artwork interpreting “Flow” – all works must not exceed 30 inches by 30 inches in any direction.
- Geographic area: Southern Utah residents only
- Web page: Zarts.org/flow-2014-annual juried art show
- Awards: Juror’s Choice, Mayor’s Choice and People’s Choice
- More information: Go to the website | Review the application | Contact Carol Bold if you are unable to deliver your artwork during the hours above | Email email@example.com | Telephone Carol Bold 415-385-5459.
- Grand Canyon seeks inventive artists, recycled pieces for Earth Day art show
- Sears Dixie Invitational Art Show returns to Dixie State
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.