CEDAR CITY – Jed Prisbrey Imlay, 32, appeared for his initial hearing at the 5th District Court in Cedar City on Tuesday. Imlay resigned from the Cedar City Police Department June 16 after being charged with driving under the influence while off duty – allegedly with a child in the vehicle – and leaving the scene of an accident after crashing in the parking lot of a little league baseball complex.
Imlay entered not guilty pleas through his attorney, Douglas Terry, to charges of driving under the influence of alcohol with a minor in the vehicle, a class-A misdemeanor, and leaving the scene of an accident that involved property damage, a class-B misdemeanor.
Prosecution is being handled by the Beaver County Attorney’s Office in order to avoid a conflict of interest with Iron County.
A review hearing is set for Aug. 12 at 9 a.m.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- Cedar City Police officer resigns from force after DUI charges
- Off-duty officer arrested for DUI with child in vehicle, leaving accident scene
- Arizona Strip traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Former county sheriff’s officer pleads not guilty to DUI charges
- Man with multiple felony warrants identified, arrested
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.