CEDAR CITY – The 29th Utah Summer Games have concluded and are seen as successful with overall participation numbers exceeding last year’s games.
The success of the Summer Games cannot be achieved alone as the organization relies on corporate sponsors to create the Olympic experience year after year.
“We couldn’t do it without them,” Casey McClellan, director of the Utah Summer Games, said, “if we didn’t have them and all support financially and the other things, it would be nearly impossible to run the event.”
The Presenting Sponsors who made the 2014 Utah Summer Games possible included both state and local sponsors. The state sponsors featured the Utah Governor’s Office of Economic Development, Select Health and Larry H. Miller Group of Companies as a new sponsor to the line up. Intermountain Healthcare was also a state sponsor with the local focus on Valley View Medial Center.
Local sponsors included the Cedar City • Brian Head Tourism Bureau, Southern Utah University, Cedar City – Festival City U.S.A. and first time sponsor Upper Limit Aviation.
Corporate sponsors are needed by the Summer Games organization in order to offer an affordable sporting experience.
“With the support of corporate sponsors the registration fees stay at an affordable price,” McCellan said. “If we didn’t have those corporate sponsors to be involved then unfortunately those registration fees would increase and ultimately would potentially be too expensive for people to participate.”
Although a cash sponsorship is required, Summer Games sponsors see the opportunity as more than writing a check.
“Obviously all of the sponsors go above and beyond that with volunteers from their organization or gift-in-kind products,” McClellan said.
The Summer Games strives to be a good partner and make the sponsorship beneficial to each organization participating, he said.
Valley View Medical Center benefits, as they have been a part of the Utah Summer Games for over 10 years.
“We’re happy to sponsor them and support them,” Jason Wilson, administrator of Valley View Medical Center, said, “we really do think they make a difference in the community, a positive impact, and it’s something that we’re interested in supporting and helping moved forward.”
Both Presenting Sponsors and lower level sponsorships help to make the games a success.
“Kudos and special thanks to them for allowing these athletes to come to Cedar City and make memories and we look forward to having them on board as we continue to grow,” McClellan said.
The Utah Summer Games looks toward the future with its 30th year coming up in 2015.
“We certainly feel like there’s great momentum and we’re very excited about the future,” McClellan said.
To see a list of sponsors visit Utah Summer Games online.
- Rugby takes Utah Summer Games by storm in first year of competition
- ‘Watching arrows fly,’ majestic archery event the last to compete in 2014 Utah Summer Games
- Sweet pickleball as 2014 Utah Summer Games hits final days
- Nearly 3 decades old, Utah Summer Games has become part of the fabric of Utah
- Dead-man winning: Stadelman overcomes ‘death,’ takes three golds at USG table tennis event
- Utah Summer Games track and field showcases talent of all ages
- Runners take their marks at Utah Summer Games 5k; CCNews Photo Gallery
- Aim and fire: Utah Summer Games’ pistol shooting competition heats up; CCnews Photo Gallery
- Opening Ceremonies officially launch the Utah Summer Games; Cedar City News Photo Gallery
- Utah Summer Games: Arm wrestling returns as USG event
- Utah Summer Games kicks off with youth bowling tournament; CCNews Photo Gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.