PANGUITCH – Southern Utah’s premier hot air balloon event is set to wow crowds and dazzle fans as beautiful hot air balloons take to the skies in Panguitch this weekend.
Taking place in the shadows of famed Bryce Canyon National Park, the 15th annual Panguitch Valley Balloon Rally attracts enthusiasts and spectators alike for three days of awe-inspiring vistas.
Family-friendly activities abound at this fun filled event that include a 5K race, a parade, games, inflatable rides, live music, karaoke and the event highlight, the balloon glow.
“The balloon glow on Saturday night is the highlight,” Falyn Owens, executive director of the Garfield County Tourism Office, said, “at sunset, the pilots inflate their balloons on Main and Center streets and synchronize the lighting of their burners.”
“It’s a great time to stroll down the street listening to the music and visiting the shops,” Cheryl Church, balloon rally coordinator, said, “once a person comes to the balloon glow, they always return.”
Those visiting the rally are welcome to join in the fun by helping the ground crews inflate and launch the balloons at 6:30 a.m. each day.
Event details and contact information
- When: June 27-29, balloons launch at 6:30 a.m. Fri.-Sun., additional activity times vary see event schedule
- Where: Panguitch, Utah. Click here for directions from St. George to Panguitch
- Contact: Cheryl Church | Telephone 435-590-2892 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information can be found by visiting the Panguitch Valley Balloon Rally website
- Citizen in hot air balloon helps officers find fleeing suspect, end pursuit
- Poor visibility triggers collisions, fire on interstate; Photo gallery
- Panguitch Lake north campground temporary closure – 2013
- Mesquite Hot Air Balloon Festival; STGnews Photo Gallery
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.