ST. GEORGE – Voters will have two opportunities to meet Democratic congressional candidate Luz Robles next week. Robles, who is a current member of the Utah Senate, is running against incumbent Rep. Chris Stewart for the U.S. 2nd Congressional District in Utah. The public is invited to a cocktail reception for Robles at a private residence Monday and at a fundraising luncheon at the Painted Pony restaurant Tuesday.
Monday from 5-7 p.m., Robles will be at the home of Mike and Della Lowe, 2315 Cohonina Circle in St. George. Cocktails and light refreshments will be served. Attendees are asked to RSVP to email@example.com.
Tuesday from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., the Washington County Democratic Party will host a meet-and-greet fundraiser luncheon for Robles at the Painted Pony restaurant, 2 W. St. George Boulevard, Suite 22 in Ancestor Square in St. George. Guests will be able to hear Robles express her position on issues, and attendees will be able to ask her questions. The cost to attend is $25 and space is limited. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
“In a time when there appears to be so much divisiveness in our country, I am not running against anyone or anything,” Robles said, according to a release issued by the Washington County Democratic Party. “I am running to represent Utah and all its people in the United States Congress.”
Other Democratic candidates running for state offices are:
- Dorothy Engelman, Utah House District 74
- Shirley Nelson, Utah House District 62
- Cheryl Fae Hawker, Utah House District 75
- Ken Anderson, Utah House District 71
- Chris White, Washington County Commissioner, Seat A
- Paul Van Dam, Washington County Commissioner, Seat B
- Cocktail reception:
o When: Monday, June 23, 5-7 p.m.
o Where: Home of Mike and Della Lowe, 2315 Cohonina Circle in St. George
o Contact: RSVP to email@example.com
- Fundraiser luncheon:
o When: Tuesday, June 24, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
o Where: Painted Pony, 2 W. St. George Boulevard, Suite 22 in St. George
o Admission: $25
o Contact: RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Washington County Attorney race: Latest endorsements, meet-and-greets
- Local candidates reflect on Democratic State Convention
- Democratic candidates seek to bring different perspective to Utah House, County Commission
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.