ST. GEORGE – Calvary Chapel St. George will tackle the topics of religion and science at Creation Weekend, a three-day event open to the public that will cover much-debated subjects ranging from evolution to dinosaurs. Taking place Saturday through Monday, Creation Weekend will explore scientific theories from a biblical standpoint.
The event kicks off Saturday with “Creation Conference,” taking place from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at Calvary Chapel, 3922 S. Pioneer Road. The following sessions will be hosted:
- 9-10 a.m. “The Pillars of Evolution”
- 10:15-11:15 a.m. “The Horror of the Flood!”
- 1-1:50 p.m. “Grand Canyon: The Puzzle on the Plateau”
- 2-3 p.m. “They Mystery of the Dinosaurs”
- 3:30-4:30 p.m. “Aunt Lucy?”
Sunday services will revolve around the theme “The Return to Genesis” and will take place at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. at Calvary Chapel and at 6 p.m. at Southland Bible Church, 195 E. Arrowweed Way in Washington.
Monday, the conference will conclude with “Creation Vision for Southern Utah,” taking place at 7 p.m. The location for this event is still to be determined, according to information from Calvary Chapel St. George. At this concluding event, Mike Snavely and Debbie Schroeder will unveil the floor plans for a hands-on, experiential Creation Discovery Center to be located in the Zion National Park area.
Admission for Creation Weekend is free, and all are welcome.
- When: June 21-23
- Where: Calvary Chapel St. George, 3922 S. Pioneer Road in St. George, and Southland Bible Church, 195 E. Arrowweed Way in Washington
- Admission: Free
- Contact: Calvary Chapel St. George website and Facebook page
- New LDS school offers unconventional learning; parent meeting tonight
- Pre-race day events include prayer, IronKids race; STGnews Videocast
- Easter service brings crowds to Tuacahn
- Stations of the Cross attendees walk to commemorate Christ’s journey; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Easter services invite celebration of Jesus risen
- Cedar City Bible Institute offers alternative to LDS seminary
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.