ED. NOTE: This report includes description of body parts that may not be appropriate for all readers. Discretion is advised.
WASHINGTON COUNTY – Washington City Police arrested a St. George man Monday on charges of raping a 17-year-old girl.
Ildefonso Lopez, 42, was arrested and charged with one first-degree felony for object rape and two second-degree felonies for forcible sex abuse.
According to the probable cause statement filed by Washington City Police Officer Kory Klotz in connection with the arrest, the charges stem from an investigation after the 17-year-old contacted dispatch, or 911, and stated that the man sexually assaulted her.
The 17-year-old said that the first sexual assault occurred three weeks earlier when Ildefonso Lopez groped her over her clothing, and that the second offense occurred when he touched her bare skin and entered her vagina.
“Ildefonso admitted to touching the victim’s breast and buttocks,” Klotz wrote in the statement. “However, he did not admit to touching her vagina.”
Lopez was booked into Washington County’s Purgatory Correctional Facility. According to booking information, Lopez’s bail stands at $50,000.
His initial appearance in court was Wednesday with private counsel and bail remained at $50,000.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- Grandparent alert leads to arrest of 22-year-old for sex with a minor
- LaVerkin man arrested for rape
- Plea agreement reached in false rape charge case
- Hearing, resolution in false rape report case postponed
- Detective testifies woman made up rape to conceal affair, case proceeds to trial
- St. George woman arrested for false rape report, fraud
- Rape reported on St. George bike path
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.