HURRICANE – Mayhem is coming to Southern Utah – Sand Hollow Mayhem that is. A 12-hour, 18-and-older outdoor party will be held at Sand Hollow State Park Saturday from noon to midnight.
Cliff jumping, water jetpacks, volleyball, a skim boarding competition, dancing, constant musical entertainment, and a fireworks show are among the many events included in the event.
Sand Hollow Mayhem is put on by Heart of Dixie, an organization devoted to providing entertainment and social gatherings to youth in the Southern Utah community.
Saturday’s Mayhem will mark the third year the massive beach party has come to Sand Hollow. Last year 1,800 people attended from all over the state of Utah.
This year, 2,500-3,000 people are expected to attend with presales confirming people are coming from all over Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, D.C. and Michigan.
“In expectation of this we have increased the entire production,” Jared Keddington, owner and event coordinator for Heart of Dixie, said. “More thrills, more surprises, more activities, bigger stage, debut of the water jet packs and hover boards and the VIP Cabañas, which sold out days ago.”
- When: Saturday, June 14, 12 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Where: Sand Hollow State Park
- Schedule: Sand Hollow Mayhem
- Admission: $15 per person, $21 to include dinner; a fee increase applies for tickets purchased at the event
- Website: Sand Hollow Mayhem
- One last beach-party: Sand Hollow Mayhem returns to Southern Utah; STGNews photo gallery -2013
- Summer Mayhem hits Sand Hollow; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery – 2012
- Wind powers ‘Hobie way of life’ at Sand Hollow Sailing Classic; STGnews Videocast
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.