ARIZONA STRIP — A car accident that occurred around 8 a.m. today on Interstate 15 in the Virgin River Gorge has delayed southbound traffic near mile post 19.
The accident involved two passenger vehicles, a commercial vehicle and a motorcycle, Arizona Highway Patrol Sgt. John Bottoms said. The accident occurred on a “very bad” curve approximately two and half miles north of the Cedar Pocket exit, and has blocked at least one southbound lane. There has been at least one reported injury.
According to the Arizona Department of Transportation’s website, traffic has been detoured to the northbound left lane.
- Car gets sandwiched between semis, concrete barrier; Gorge collisions
- Road Advisory: Crash closes northbound I-15 through the Gorge, take alternate route
- Heavy traffic expected on I-15 through Virgin River Gorge; alternate route
- News short: Update on Gorge road work, traffic delays
- ADOT: Virgin River Gorge bridge improvement schedule
- Gorge closure; people stranded overnight recount experiences
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.