ARIZONA STRIP — Traffic on southbound Interstate 15 in the Virgin River Gorge has currently slowed to a crawl for several miles between mile post 16 and mile post 20 in Arizona. This traffic jam has been caused by heavy weekend traffic mixed with current bridge construction which has narrowed traffic to one lane.
Expect 45 minute delays through the area, Arizona Highway Patrol Officer Thomas McAllister said. Traffic has been moving extremely slow through this section most of the afternoon, and with continuing heavy weekend traffic, he doesn’t expect for it to clear out anytime soon, he said.
This is separate from the earlier reported car fire traffic jam which stalled northbound I-15 between mile posts 25 and 26 for a short time.
- Car gets sandwiched between semis, concrete barrier; Gorge collisions
- Road Advisory: Crash closes northbound I-15 through the Gorge, take alternate route
- Heavy traffic expected on I-15 through Virgin River Gorge; alternate route
- News short: Update on Gorge road work, traffic delays
- ADOT: Virgin River Gorge bridge improvement schedule
- Gorge closure; people stranded overnight recount experiences
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.