ST. GEORGE – The Utah Department of Transportation will unveil its latest engineering findings to optimize mobility at the intersection of Bluff Street and Sunset Boulevard during a public open house to be held June 18 from 4-7 p.m. at the St. George City Council Chambers, 175 East 200 North.
While taking a closer look at proposed alternatives for one of the busiest intersections in the city, road designers discovered modifications that can reduce environmental impacts while maintaining free-flow movement for the dominant traffic pattern between St. George and Santa Clara.
The informal open house will provide for public review, the latest technical drawings, traffic animation and design elements under consideration. Engineers and technical experts will also be available to answer questions for participants interested in learning how the changes may affect the immediate intersection and adjacent corridors and facilities.
Designers anticipate finalizing construction plan sets for the Bluff and Sunset intersection before the end of the year. The project, valued at $20 million, is the first to advance to the design table stemming from the broader Bluff Street Environmental Assessment completed in January 2012.
Additional detail on UDOT’s Bluff Street-Sunset Boulevard project be found here, in a May 29 story by St. George News Reporter Drew Allred.
Open house recap
- When: June 18, Wednesday, 4-7 p.m.
- Where: St. George City Council Chambers, 175 East 200 North, St. George
- Admission: Free to the public
- The entire Environmental Assessment can be read here
- UDOT’s Bluff Street Corridor website which lists updates on Bluff Street Construction can be found here
- UDOT revealing new design on Bluff Street overhaul
- Construction underway on north Bluff ‘fly-over’
- Bluff Street project meeting draws out opposition
- Current, future road projects reviewed, transportation expo
- UDOT, Washington County cities exhibit plans for road, trail, bussing projects; Dixie Regional Transportation Expo 2013
- St. George Boulevard-I-15-Exit 8 diverging diamond interchange now open
- Southern Parkway connections slated for December completion, overall route yet to finish
Email: [email protected]