ST. GEORGE – Washington County Attorney Brock Belnap will hold three neighborhood meetings this week as part of his effort to reach out to voters ahead of the June 24 Republican primary election. All meetings start at 7 p.m. and are open to any who want to attend. They are:
- Tuesday at 7 p.m. – Hosted by Jack and Julie Heppler at 2311 N. Gunsight Dr. in St. George
- Wednesday at 7 p.m. – Hosted by Willyne and Doug Beecher at 71 West 300 South in LaVerkin
- Thursday at 7 p.m. – Hosted by Chief Bob Flowers, Jerry and Stephanie Jaeger, and Rachelle Shumway at the Unity Building at Unity Park in Ivins, 200 West 400 North
The three meetings are the latest in Belnap’s series of neighborhood meetings intended to give voters a chance to meet the candidate and ask him questions. For more information on the neighborhood meetings, telephone Eric Clarke at 435-632-5549.
On June 11 from 5 p.m.-6:30 p.m., the Mayor’s Veteran Action Council will host a forum for the county attorney candidates – Belnap and challenger Nathan Caplin. The forum will be held at the St. George Vet Center, 1664 South Dixie Drive Building ‘C’ Suite 102. St George Utah. For more information on the forum, telephone 435-673-4494.
In his 11 years as county attorney, Belnap has many notable accomplishments including bringing law enforcement agencies together to collaborate in teams such as the Washington County Drug Task Force, making significant advances in protecting victim’s rights, the prosecution of Warren Jeffs, and his fight against the BLM to keep roads in Washington County open to the public.
One of the county attorney’s most important responsibilities is to lead the prosecution of serious criminal cases throughout the county. Belnap’s office handles 3,000 criminal cases a year. Belnap is highly regarded by those on the front lines of fighting crime in the county: chiefs of police across the county, as well as Sheriff Cory Pulsipher endorse him for county attorney.
The county attorney also acts as the attorney to the County Commission. All three county commissioners have endorsed Belnap, as has Zachary Renstrom, Republican nominee for county commission.
Belnap has also been unanimously endorsed by the attorneys and staff of the Washington County Attorney’s Office.
Submitted by the Brock Belnap re-election campaign.
- Caplin focuses on constitutional knowledge, Belnap touts experience
- Dixie Republican Forum hosts county attorney debate
- Dates, locations for early primary voting
Email: [email protected]