WASHINGTON COUNTY – The National Weather Service has issued a “Red Flag Warning” for Washington County that will be in effect from 2-10 p.m. Tuesday due to wind and low relative humidity.
Fire weather zone 497 – Mojave Desert (consult the map in this article).
Southerly winds will increase to 15-25 mph by late Tuesday morning and continue into mid-evening.
Humidity values will drop below 10-14 percent after about 2 p.m. Tuesday.
The combination of strong winds and low relative humidity is expected to create hazardous fire weather conditions where fuels are critically dry.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior
- Fire weather warning issued for Washington County
- Fire weather watch for Mesquite area
- Red Flag Alert: Grand Staircase, Washington, Kane Counties
- Summer fire safety; prevention, awareness benefit communities
- Gunlock hopes to unlock funding for new firehouse
- Officials urge residents to prepare for upcoming fire season
- Multiple agencies take part in wildland-urban interface firefighting training
- Fire mitigation efforts save homes
- Human Attention Means Fire Prevention: Tips to Stop Human-Caused Fires
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.