WASHINGTON COUNTY – The National Weather Service has issued a Fire Weather Warning for Washington County that will be in effect from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday due to wind and relative low humidity.
Fire weather zone 497 – Mojave Desert (consult the map in this article).
Southwest winds gusting above 30 mph will develop Sunday afternoon and continue into the evening.
Humidity values will drop below 10 percent Sunday afternoon.
The combination of strong winds and low relative humidity is expected to create hazardous fire weather conditions where fuels are critically dry.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior
- Fire weather watch for Mesquite area
- Red Flag Alert: Grand Staircase, Washington, Kane Counties
- Summer fire safety; prevention, awareness benefit communities
- Gunlock hopes to unlock funding for new firehouse
- Officials urge residents to prepare for upcoming fire season
- Multiple agencies take part in wildland-urban interface firefighting training
- Fire mitigation efforts save homes
- Human Attention Means Fire Prevention: Tips to Stop Human-Caused Fires
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.