HURRICANE – Have fun and get filthy on three miles of muddy obstacles at the second annual Hurricane Mud Run sponsored by the Utah Army National Guard. The Mud Run, to be held on Saturday on Sand Hollow Road in Hurricane, will be bigger and better than last year with more obstacles and more mud. The Run is family-friendly with heats for families and discounts for kids.
New to the Mud Run this year are elite heats for men and women. These elite heats will be timed and winners will be awarded. The course will be challenging, wet and muddy. Runners can expect to run, crawl, jump, swing and slide their way through multiple military-style obstacles along a 5K course.
The ROTC cadets will be selling food and refreshments onsite as a fundraiser for their programs. This year’s event will be one you will not want to miss.
Things to know before you go
- Packet pickup – Packet pickup will be the morning of the event. It is recommended that runners show up a minimum of 30 minutes before their heat.
- Teams – Running with a team ensures that runners and their friends get a chance to run the course together. This is not a relay race. Teams will all start and finish together – unless they leave someone playing in a mud pit. An added benefit of a team is that teams enjoy a discounted race price.
- Showers – Showers will be provided to rinse off at the end of the race. It is recommended that runners bring two towels – one for the seat of their car and one to dry off after the showers. Flip-flops are nice to change into since race shoes will likely be destroyed.
Photographers will be placed throughout the course to capture all of the exciting experiences and race photos will be given to every participant. All of the photos will be available free for download on the Mud Run website after the race.
Event details and contact information
- What: 2nd annual Hurricane 5K Mud Run
- When: Saturday, May 17, 8 a.m.
- Where: 3000 South 2445 West, Hurricane
- Admission: $40+
- Online: Website | Facebook
- Hurricane Mud Run: 100s hit wet wet dirt, come out smiling; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery
- Dixie Mud Run: A fun and dirty day to help kids
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.