WASHINGTON CITY – The Vietnam Veterans of America, Southern Utah Chapter 961, and Zion Harley Davidson, as part of National Armed Forces Day, are hosting a freedom ride to honor those men and women who have served or are currently serving.
The ride will take place on Saturday and includes a day full of festivities featuring donuts and coffee, classic cars and planes, music and barbeque, and a chance to win a brand new Harley Davidson Heritage Softail Classic.
Riders will gather beginning at 9:30 a.m. at Astrogalus and Black Mountain drives just off exit 2 of Interstate 15 where final registration will take place. Kisckstands go up at 10:30 a.m. and the ride will proceed to the Warbird Air Museum for coffee and donuts and the Armed Forces Day Wings and Wheels car, plane and motorcycle show and open house.
Following the open house, riders will make their way to Zion Harley Davidson to celebrate a day of freedom and liberty with a barbeque and live music presented by The Academy Show Band, Dick Earl Erickson, and Mr. Hyde. The drawing for the Harley Davidson will take place at 5 p.m.
Registration for a single rider is $25 and the rider receives three raffle tickets for the motorcycle drawing. Passengers are $10 and receive one ticket.
Preregistration is available online through Friday. All preregistered riders and passengers will receive one extra raffle ticket.
Non-riders are invited to come to the celebration at Zion Harley Davidson for a donation of $25 and be entered into the drawing. Children 10 and under are free.
All proceeds will go toward the Washington County Veterans Foundation building fund.
- When: Saturday, May 17, beginning at 9:30 a.m.
- Where: The ride will begin at Astrogalus and Black Mountain drives just off exit two on Interstate 15. The ride will finish at Zion Harley Davidson located at 2345 north Coral Canyon Blvd., Washington City, Utah
- Registration: Online preregistration is available here through Friday, May 16. Registration is also available onsite
- Price: Single riders are $25. Passengers are $10. Non-riders are invited to participate in the festivities and enter the drawing for a $25 donation. Children 10 and under are free.
- Contact information: More information can be found at the Vietnam Veterans of America, Southern Utah Chapter 961 website or the Freedom Ride Facebook page.
- St. George Street Bikes customizes car show, Wounded Warriors benefit; STGnews Photo Gallery
- One hero at a time, benefit for wounded Afghanistan veteran
- Washington County Veterans Court, now in session
- Veterans Court may offer vets a second chance to heal
- 2,000 miles for vets, 71-year-old sets sights on scooter ride to Florida
- ‘Wings & Wheels’ revisits the past with warbird classics; STGnews Photo Gallery – 2013
- Armed Forces Day Freedom Ride; STGnews Photo Gallery – 2013
- Warbird Museum Grand Reopening – 2011
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.