ST. GEORGE – On Saturday, for the fourth consecutive year in Utah’s Dixie, Equality Utah will bring together art lovers, community leaders and a spirited crowd of residents from all across the state to celebrate local progress being made toward achieving equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Utahns and their families.
Equality Celebration is the largest fundraising event of the year for Southern Utah’s Equality Utah Committee. All those dedicated to creating an inclusive and welcoming community, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, are invited to participate in the celebration. Last year’s sold-out event attracted more than 400 Utahns. Saturday’s event is close to being sold out, but a handful of tickets still remain.
This year’s event brings together Master of Ceremonies Janice Brooks, keynote speaker the Rev. Gene V. Robinson, and Excellence in Advocacy Award winners the Rev. Catherine Gregg and Planned Parenthood of St. George.
The evening will include a live and silent auction, featuring works by prominent local artists; an inspirational program; an awards presentation and live entertainment.
- When: Saturday, May, 10, 5:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie Convention Center Garden Room, 1835 S. Convention Center Dr., St. George
- Admission: $89 per person
- Contact: For additional information or to purchase tickets, visit the Equality Utah website or call 801-355-3479.
- University Gay Straight Alliance hosts marriage equality town hall
- Leavitt warns loss of religious freedoms impacts many, medical professionals, LGBT
- ON Kilter: Why is homosexuality the rule breaker in Utah?
Email: [email protected]