WASHINGTON COUNTY – A 39-year-old woman was transported by Life Flight helicopter to the hospital Sunday afternoon after sustaining injuries from a fall at Toquerville Falls, a scenic falls area located on the upper LaVerkin Creek in Washington County.
Around 1:30 p.m., emergency responders were dispatched to an area in Toquerville Falls after receiving reports of a woman who had fallen and sustained serious injury, Washington County Sheriff Detective Nate Abbott said.
The girl had apparently fallen approximately 20-feet off a rope swing that had been set up at the Falls, Washington County Search and Rescue Commander Casey Lofthouse said.
Search and Rescue and medical crews at the scene hand-packed the woman out of Toquerville Falls to an area where a Life Flight helicopter was able to pick her up and transport her to Dixie Regional Medical Center, Lofthouse said.
Emergency responder crews were able to get in and get the woman transported by 2 p.m., Abbott said.
The condition of the woman was unknown at the time of this report.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by the authorities and may not contain the full scope of findings.
- News Short: Search and rescue find four stranded adults on Smith Mesa
- Nighttime search and rescue finds two horseback riders lost off Mill Flat Trail, Pine Valley
- Search and Rescue assist woman in distress in The Subway
- Construction worker flown to Las Vegas after fall
- Rope team rescues fallen hiker at Brooks Nature Park
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.