GRAND CANYON, Ariz. – U.S. Highway 67 to the North Rim of Grand Canyon National Park will reopen on May 15 for the summer season. The Arizona Department of Transportation will open the road by 8 a.m.
All National Park Service facilities at the North Rim will also open by 8 a.m. on May 15, including the Visitor Center, Backcountry Information Center, campground and the Grand Canyon Association bookstore.
The Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim and Grand Canyon Trail Rides will also commence their 2014 seasonal operations by 8 a.m. on May 15, and the first scheduled ranger program of the season, “Grand Canyon Geology,” will take place at 3 p.m. on the Grand Canyon Lodge back porch. The first scheduled evening program will take place in the Lodge auditorium at 8 p.m.
Concessioner facilities will open at 10 a.m. that day with the exception of the dining room, which will not open until 11:30 a.m. Check-in at the lodge will commence at 4 p.m.
Operations at the Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim include lodging, groceries, camper services, food services and a service station.
Visitors should note that cash is no longer accepted at the campground and North Rim Entrance Station; only credit cards are accepted for entrance and camping fees.
Most concessioner services will close for the season on Oct. 15, though the National Park Service will continue operations of its facilities until Oct. 31. From Nov. 1 through Dec. 1, the North Rim will remain open for day use – no overnight parking allowed – except in the event of snow closures. During this time, pay-at-the-pump gas and diesel will be the only available services.
- For advance lodging reservations for North Rim facilities, call Forever Resorts at 877-386-4383 or visit their website.
- For campground reservations, call 877-444-6777 or make reservations online.
- For upcoming ranger programs, see the North Rim 2014 Season Guide.
- Grand Canyon trail ride reservations can be made online or by calling 435-679-8665.
- Grand Canyon North Rim Trip Planner
- News Short: Fatality victim at Grand Canyon National Park identified
- Hiker dies after falling off Grand Canyon
- NPS seeks public input on Grand Canyon Bison Management, Environmental Impact
- Grand Canyon announces hospitality business opportunity on South Rim
- Grand Canyon-Parashant National Monument receives International Night Sky Province designation
Email: [email protected]