ST. GEORGE – One person was transported to the hospital after broadsiding a car while driving his scooter on River Road in St. George Tuesday afternoon. The crash is the second motorcycle collision to occur on River Road on Tuesday.
The two-vehicle collision occurred at approximately 5:30 p.m. at the intersection of 2450 South and River Road.
“A male driver of a Nissan Altima failed to yield the right of way to the scooter who was northbound,” St George Police Officer Andrew Mickelson said. The male driver of the Nissan Altima didn’t have the right-of-way at the light, he said.
The juvenile male driver of the scooter was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George.
“He was banged up,” Mickelson said of the juvenile scooter driver.
Traffic at the intersection was slowed for approximately 20 minutes. The driver of the car was cited for failure to yield, Mickelson said.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by the authorities and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Click on any photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Motorcycle rider taken to hospital after collision
- Officer advocates adherence to licensing requirements for motorcycles due to recent accidents
- 2-car rear-end collision backs-up Bluff Street traffic
- Failure to yield causes two separate accidents on River Road
- Pair of morning accidents on River Road slows traffic
- Three-car accident on River Road slows traffic
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.