ST. GEORGE — The annual Dixie Idol competition will offer seven days of noontime entertainment, showcasing Dixie State University students and their vocal talents, April 2-10, in the Gardner Center Living Room. The public is invited to attend this free event and will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite performers.
The competition kicks off at noon on Wednesday. Students will sing before judges, their peers and the community. Contestants receiving either the highest marks from judges or the most votes from the audience during each performance will advance and sing the next day.
Contestants will perform songs from an assigned genre. Over the course of the week, the finalists will have performed numbers ranging from Country and Broadway to tunes from the ’50s and ’80s.
“Having them perform a variety of genres truly showcases the best performers,” DSU Dean of Students Del Beatty said. “That way, there aren’t any one-trick ponies.”
Wrapping up the competition, the three finalists will perform at the University Tower Dedication at the Holland Centennial Plaza on April 10, at 7:30 p.m.
Event details and contact information
- What: Dixie Idol
- When: Wednesday-Thursday, April 2-10
- Where: DSU Gardner Center Living Room
- What: Performance at the University Tower Dedication
- When: Thursday, April 10, at 7:30 p.m.
- Where: DSU Holland Centennial Plaza
- Contact: Student Services at 435-652-7514
- Admission: Open to the public at no charge
- “Mr. Las Vegas Idol” Today with Wayne Newton at Dixie State College
- Utah artists from ‘The Voice’ share experiences, ambitions; one-night show at Dixie State
- Dixie’s Got Talent concludes; judges and audience select top 3
- Dixie’s Got Talent selects Battle of the Bands winner