SOUTHERN UTAH – Round-up your teammates and lace-up your running shoes because it’s not too late to register for Red Rock Relay Dixie – with teams made up of six members who each run two five-mile legs – to be held Saturday in St. George.
This will mark the second year in Dixie for the Red Rock Relay which launched its first race in 2009 at Zion. Last year, 56 six-person teams raced through St. George, Veyo, Snow Canyon, Gunlock, and surrounding areas on the 64.25-mile looped Red Rock Relay course.
“Southern Utah has been so good to Red Rock Relay and our runners,” Tim Collings, owner and operator of Red Rock Relay, said. “When we decided to add another day race to our schedule, Dixie was the obvious choice.”
This one-day relay serves as training for many participants for the upcoming Red Rock Relay Zion which was featured last month in Forbes Travel Magazine as one of the “5 Relay Runs To Travel For.” Organizers said that they anticipate that at least half of the Dixie runners will return in the fall for the Zion race.
Local volunteer support is needed for the race and very much appreciated. Volunteers will receive a Red Rock Relay shirt and the opportunity to cheer on runners. Anyone interested in volunteering should contact Kate Roberts at email@example.com.
Event details and contact information
- What: Red Rock Relay Dixie | Website | Facebook
- When: Saturday, March 8
- 6-11 a.m. | Teams depart for the Dixie Red Rock Loop
- 6-8 p.m. | Teams Finish at Vernon Worthen Park
- Where: Vernon Worthen Park, 300 South 400 East, St. George
- Registration: Online
- Race check-in: March 7, from 6-9 p.m., at Coral Springs Resort, 98 North 6680 West, Hurricane
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Red Rock Relay introduces new 65-mile Dixie day race
- Lake to Lake Relay, Gunlock to Sand Hollow; late registration options
- Races left for St. George Marathon Runner Series qualification; registration deadlines
- STGnews RUNdown: Every race in one place, Southern Utah upcoming events
- Registration opens for St. George running, cycling races; new Road Rage Duathlon
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.