ST. GEORGE – The Utah Business Women of St. George had a powerful month in February raising awareness and promoting advocacy for pay equity. To further their impact and educational reach they are hosting a fundraiser workshop on March 8 about negotiation.
Studies show that 49 percent of people searching for jobs do not negotiate their offers and yet 45 percent of employers are actually willing to negotiate. This leaves a lot of money on the table. Studies also show that women are less likely than men to ask for what they deserve.
To help close the gender wage gap and empower St. George career professionals in the art of negotiation, the UBW is hosting this informative workshop, “Value Yourself in the Marketplace: How to Negotiate and Win!”
The workshop is led by life and career coach, Ia Jimenez of Your Best You Coaching. Jimenez is a certified senior career coach that has effectively assisted numerous career professionals and executives with career development, transition and strategy.
This workshop will address:
- How to value yourself and what you have to offer
- How to conduct the market research to back up your negotiation
- The art of successfully negotiating your salary or consulting rate
Proceeds from this fundraising workshop will go to the Utah Business Women of St. George.
About the UBW
The St. George chapter of the Utah Business Women is an exclusive network for professional women to interact, exchange ideas, educate and empower one another. UBW members enjoy a wealth of resources, benefits and services dedicated to enhancing their lives and promoting their businesses and careers. UBW also supports and endorses a diverse syndicate of charities and nonprofit organizations focused on women’s issues, pay equity, wellness and other local needs. To learn more about the UBW visit the chapter’s website here.
- What: Negotiation workshop led by Ia Jimenez of Your Best You Coaching
- Date: Saturday, March 8, 9-11 a.m.
- Location: Red Hills Wellness Center, 301 North 200 East, Unit 2C, St. George
- Cost: $20 – includes take-home materials and light refreshments
- Reservations: Contact Annie Howell at 435-673-9096
Email: [email protected]