ST. GEORGE – The American Red Cross, in partnership with the Utah Medical Association Foundation, is facilitating workshops health care workers and medical students throughout Southern Utah, the first being Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Dixie Regional Medical Center’s SelectHealth Auditorium, 1424 E. Foremaster Drive in St. George.
Licensed health care workers will learn to manage health care needs in Red Cross emergency shelters, like performing health assessments, disaster triage and responding to public health emergencies in the community.
Training is open to licensed health care workers and medical students. Retired health care workers are also encouraged to attend. This is an introductory workshop and more information on becoming a Red Cross volunteer will be provided.
- What: American Red Cross Workshop
- When: Saturday, Mar. 1, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Where: SelectHealth Auditorium of Dixie Regional Medical Center, 1424 E. Foremaster Drive in St. George
- Special ‘Brian Scott’ blood drive, American Red Cross
- Red Cross offers help for coping with Rockville tragedy
Email: [email protected]