ST. GEORGE – The second annual Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Utah will be held on Saurday from 10 a.m. to noon at the St. George City Pool. All of our St. George News readers and friends are invited to join us in sponsoring our very own Mori Kessler as he takes the plunge into the icy cold waters – all for a good cause.
The Polar Plunge is a unique opportunity for individuals, organizations, and businesses to support local special needs athletes by jumping into icy cold waters.
The Polar Bear Plunge benefits thousands of children and adults in Utah with intellectual disabilities who develop improved physical fitness, motor skills, self-confidence and a more positive self-image as a result of receiving training and competition programs – all at no cost.
If you want to take the plunge yourself, everyone is invited to join and participate by paying a $10 registration fee online at the 2014 Polar Plunge – St. George webpage – to take the plunge or sit in the Chicken Coop – and raise or bring a minimum of $50 for adults or $40 for students.
Event details and contact information
- When: Saturday, Feb. 22, from 10 a.m. to noon
- Where: St. George City Pool, 250 East 700 South, St. George
- Sponsorship: To sponsor Mori Kessler online
- Registration: Online at 2014 Polar Plunge – St. George webpage
- Cost: The registration fee is $10 and then participants must raise or bring a minimum of $50 for adults or $40 for students
- Contact: Victor Meier | Telephone: 801-599-2744 | Email: email@example.com
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.